Thursday, March 18, 2010

'happy Birthday baby girl, cheers!

Today my baby girl turns 1! I never thought in a million years my baby would celebrate her first birthday in Brussels. However, the ironic part is that in the last trimester of my pregnancy I began to crave beer. Not just any beer but a good ice cold Belgian beer. I dreamed of Hoegaarden, Chimay and Leffs. I told my husband that as soon as I delivered, I wanted a beer. I even went as a far as packing my trusty swiss army knife in my hospital bag. In case you are wondering- No I did not have that beer right after the baby was born. But within time, once I regained my appetite I enjoyed some wonderful Belgian brews. I am dedicating this post to my baby girl.....

I consider Chimay to be the Champagne of Belgium beers. I remember one friend describing Chimay as rich and milky. He was one hundred percent right. In honor of the baby's one year birthday, I bought a Chimay 2010 Grand Reserve. Even the bottle is regal, with its cork top. As one of the trappist beers, Chimay is a family favorite. At 9% alcohol, this beer is loaded. In the USA, this beer is pretty pricey but at my local Delhaize supermarket, this
.75 liter bottle was less than 5 Euros! The beer has a rich dark caramel color with a subtle bitter finish. While I am not a fan of the darker beers, I love Chimay. In future posts I will review Chimay Rouge and Chimay Tripel. So keep on reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I was doing some research online and came across your blog. I hope you don't mind me reaching out to you. I'm a casting assistant in New York for a popular show about people relocating outside North America. It's called House Hunters International and airs on the Home & Garden cable network (HGTV). We are casting people for this show right now and I was wondering if you or anyone you know would be interested in participating.

    Our show consists of a family or couple who has relocated in the past few years and the property they have purchased. The purpose of the show is to demystify the process of moving and living abroad. You can learn more about our show and watch episodes here: http://www.hgtv.com/house-hunters-international/show/index.html.

    Putting together an episode with you would be a real treat for our audience and it's a lot of fun for you too. Contributors to the show get a nice keepsake shot in HD video and also receive compensation for your time and efforts.

    If you or anyone you know is interested in learning more, please contact me at househunterscasting@leopardfilms.com. Thank you in advance for your prompt feedback on this. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete